direct links to websites
While quantifying your targeted markets, you need to strengthen your figures. Third party markets data are helping you.
Overall economical trends are completed by detailed market surveys.
Buying market studies can be expensive, but it’s often worth the spending. Here are some links to companies website.
Do not hesitate to tell me about who you work with, I’ll update the list accordingly.
Markets data, Business intelligence:
- Covering a broad range of industries, and able to run some customized survey: IHS
- Technology and advisory for industry, infrastructure, and cities: ARC
- Industrial Automation, IIOT, connected devices and more: VDC
- Frost & Sullivan is a business consulting firm involved in market research and analysis, growth strategy consulting, and corporate training across multiple industries.
- Gartner, Inc. is a global research and advisory firm providing insights, advice, and tools for leaders in IT, Finance, HR, Customer Service and Support, Legal and Compliance, Marketing, Sales, and Supply Chain functions across the world
- Much more a data bases of business intelligence than a market study company: MarketReseach
- Incredible number of segments markets, plus a lot of industry trackings: Markets and Markets
- PIM is valuable if China is your point of interest.
- McKinsey & Company is the trusted advisor and counselor to many of the world’s most influential businesses and institutions
- Global Market Insights offers in-depth and exhaustive off the shelf market research reports to enable clients to access accurate and granular data, along with penetrative business insights
- Wood Mackenzie delivers insight for every interconnected sector of the energy, chemicals, metals and mining industries
The Product Manager knows his market data and trends.
Therefore, access to economic overview is obviously important.
The marketer is a treasure hunter. (see this article: what is marketing). To paint the picture of his market , the treasure hunter is collecting qualitative data and quantitative data.
Quantitative information helps to size the markets and their potential evolution.
I usually read economic overview data from those 3 websites:
Index Mundi contains detailed country statistics, charts, and maps compiled from multiple sources
BCG-Boston Consulting Group.
Full of ideas , best practices and success stories, the Website of BCG is also dynamic and attractive.
illustrated with trends and facts, it’s always interesting to have a view on BCG activities.
Jim Clark is a marketing partner focused on helping to optimize your Product Marketing efforts in the B2B marketplace.
Jim is a former colleague whom I share the same passion. No doubt is the right skilled transformation partner to help your business grow .
Gentlemen Marketing Agency .
I met Olivier some years ago in Shanghai. The passion he deploys to share his knowledge on Chinese consumers market is priceless. If you want to do business in China or to improve your existing business … I really recommend you to contact him and his team.